His health had not been great for a while, but things were under some sort of managed control until last weekend, when he stopped eating and was in constant pain. By Monday, it was pretty obvious that he was just suffering too much, so K. made the appointment with the vet.
I knew Connor for the second half of his long life. He never met a person that he didn't like. He was a true ambassador for the pit bull breed and for the dog species. He was goofy, stubborn and mild-mannered. He loved, loved, loved, going on walks, especially hiking trails that included swimming at a lake. He would spend hours swimming to fetch sticks that we would throw into the lake, when we walked around Lake Lanier. He was always so great with any adult or child. I remember Lula, just months old, grabbing and pulling his tongue out and also drawing on his head with markers and dear old Connor would just stay there, not moving a bit, letting her have her fun.
I was also amazed how he would know that it was 5 o'clock, every day and give you a few barks to let you know that it was dinner time. It was funny when the time changed and it took him a few weeks to adjust, but he always would.
Even after his health and strength were not the best, he still wanted to play with the other doggies. He stilled loved to go on walks, even if they were shorter than they used to. He still NEVER GAVE UP! That is something that I always admired him for. He never complained and he never gave up.
I know he had a great life and I only wish I would have known him for more of it than I did. I miss him, but I am glad that he is no longer in pain and that he left us with so many great memories.
Here are some pictures of our dear friend.











Be in peace, my friend, in a nice park with Troll and some great treats.
No comments:
Post a Comment